Friday, November 30, 2007

Romeo, Romeo




Yes, it's Juliet. And I LOVE HER! I have to say that this is the first sweater that I've made in a long time that I feel really good about. I had started Juliet with Simply Soft and had the wrong gauge and just messed it up. So I had some Bernat Softee Chunky Twist in my stash and it was perfect. The colors are fun and it fits like a dream. I did the version where the garter stitch was just to the underarm. I thought it might make me look fat but instead it just looks tre chic. I didn't like the open look on the pattern so I made shorter button loops and like it much better. Here's a close-up of the buttons. I like Juliet so much, I may have to make another.




Meanwhile, I also finished the Spicy Tee from Fitted Knits. I do like this but not as much as Juliet. Actually, I had purchased the Softee Chunky Twist to make a long-sleeve version of the Spicy Tee. But when my first Juliet attempt failed, I decided to use the Twist for Juliet.

Currently on the needles: A scarf from some clearance yarn I bought at Joann's, The Blue Sky Alpacas Scoop Neck Vest, and coming soon - a Wicked Cardigan using the Wicked pattern that my SP sent. So much knitting, so little time.


6 comments:

YSP11 said...

Beautiful, beautiful! Glad you got the knitting groove back.

Robin said...

Juliet looks great, and I like the Spicy Fitted Tee too!

Have a nice weekend!

Shannon said...

Juliet is fantastic! I'm so glad this turned around for you...the yarn color is fun. I think I may have to make the Spicy Fitted Tee soon..looks good!

del said...

Both of your tops came out great. Juliet is in such a gorgeous color...and those buttons are fabulous. Great job!

amanda said...

I think both tops came out great - be proud!

Yarn It said...

Both look great! Juliet is gorgeous! Love the color. The Spicy Fitted Tee is on my spring/summer list. Very cute!