Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Another New Look


Okay, so I'm probably the last to know this but I just found the little button that allows you to customize the header of your blog. WHAT FUN! Found this image when I googled yarn and stretched it to fit. Hope I'm not breaking any blogging/internet rules by using this photo. Anyway, the Scoop Neck Vest has stalled because I'm waiting for my 16" size 7 circulars to arrive in the mail. I've also decided not to finish the sweater version of Juliet. I tried it on and it would probably be cute but after knitting one for me and one for my neice, I need a break from the pattern. So while I wait for my needles I started Wicked. I'm trying the cardigan version started by Flint Knits that's the photo up above) but can't seem to find good detailed instructions so I'm winging it. and I'm using Elann Sonata (gifted to me from my fabulous Secret Pal). I've never used 100% cotton before and have my doubts that it will work for a garment but if I don't like the way it works up I have a pattern for a purse that would suit this yarn perfectly.

6 comments:

del said...

Great new look! Though I've tried adding a photo to my header & it never does right.

Robin said...

That cardigan looks like it will be very pretty!

amanda said...

good luck with Wicked. I think Pam worked a garter st button band but otherwise followed the instructions, just working back and forth instead of in the round and maintained the twisted sts down the front.

Sonata's a good yarn but it doesnt stretch a lot, which is a good thing for matching gauge!

Shannon said...

Love the new look and the cardigan. I've used Sonata for a skirt for The Girl. It worked up great, and washed up great, too.

KSD said...

Creative, resourceful. . . You're a knitter. Definitely.

gay said...

you are most certainly not the last to nknow i just fgured it out a few weeks ago and have beeen trying for at least two years! i'm a slow learner when it comes to tech stuff. it looks cool, now i want to stretch something!